IBM iSeries SOC 2 Compliance
Looking for SOC 2 Compliance Solutions?
The IBM iSeries platform can meet the requirements for SOC 2 compliance.
SOC 2 is a type of audit report that evaluates a service provider’s controls related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
To achieve SOC 2 compliance, a service provider must implement controls that meet these criteria, and undergo an audit by an independent third-party auditor.
The IBM iSeries platform can meet the requirements for SOC 2 compliance by implementing a variety of technical and administrative controls, such as:
- Access controls: The iSeries platform provides various security features that restrict user access to sensitive data, including authentication and authorization mechanisms, password policies, and audit trails.
- Data protection: The iSeries platform supports data encryption at rest and in transit, as well as data backup and recovery capabilities, which can help prevent data loss or unauthorized access.
- Network security: The iSeries platform provides network security features, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and virtual private networks, to help protect against external threats.
- Change management: The iSeries platform includes features to manage software changes, updates, and patches, and restricts unauthorized changes to software or configurations.
- Monitoring and logging: The iSeries platform has built-in monitoring and logging capabilities that can track system and user activity, detect anomalies, and generate alerts or notifications for potential security incidents.
By implementing these and other controls, the iSeries platform meets the requirements for SOC 2 compliance, and demonstrate to customers and stakeholders that it has implemented adequate measures to protect sensitive data and ensure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of its services.